Wishing my readers...
A Merry and Joyful Christmas
This is a scheduled post... Sticky Date, Banana and Pecan Tea Loaf.
I will be back soon.
In the meantime... Take Care
Lots of Love ~ XXX OO XXX
Sticky Date, Banana and Pecan Tea loafAdapted with changes from Belinda Jeffries
185g spelt flour
1 teaspoon bicarbonate soda
1 teaspoon salt
90g roasted pecans (roughly chopped)
220g pitted dates (roughly chopped)
150g caster sugar
125ml vegetable oil
3 very large ripe bananas (mashed)
1 1/2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- Pre heat oven to 180C.
- Butter a loaf pan with butter and dust with flour.
- Sift flour and bicarbonate soda into a mixing bowl.
- Add salt, pecan and dates.
- Mix to thoroughly coat the nuts and dates.
- Use electric mixer, whisk the eggs, sugar and oil until light and creamy.
- Add mashed banana and vanilla extract.
- Add dry ingredients into the banana batter.
- Pour into the loaf pan.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes until skewers comes out clean.
- Cool in the loaf pan for 10 minutes, before turning over onto the cooling rack to cool completely.