I am so excited to be invited by Rosa of Rosa's Yummy Yum to write and share with everyone about a traditional Malaysian delicacy, Lemang... (pronounce as Le-Mung). Lemang is a 'must-have' dish during Eid celebration.
Being far away from home, with only glutinous rice, coconut milk and banana leaves easily available, I managed to re-create Lemang at home...
To my fellow Malaysians who reside overseas...and at times have that 'craving' for Lemang... fret no more... you too can make Lemang without bamboo and a huge bonfire in your back yard.
So let us head over to Rosa's Yummy Yum blog to enjoy my Homemade Lemang.
And while you are there, do check out Rosa's exciting photographs of her mouth-watering food and her beautiful homeland of Switzerland... Everytime I look at her beautiful photos .... I was somehow lost in the land of my imagination... and kept on seeing Maria singing away with Von Trapps children... (nevermind that Sounds of Music was filmed in Austria...)
Click here for Beef Rendang Recipe...
Chicken Coated in Yoghurt and Sourdough Breadcrumbs Recipe
1 tub of light natural yoghurt1kg chicken breast - slice into 1.5 cm thick1 Sourdough baguette1 teaspoon dried herbssalt
- Marinate the chicken strips in yoghurt for at least 3 hours or overnight in the fridge.
- Process sourdough baguette in food precessor into breadcrumbs.
- Season breadcrumbs with salt and some dried herbs.
- Heat up frying pan and pre-heat the oven to 200C.
- Coat chicken strips with breadcrumbs.
- Spray oil onto the chicken strips and place onto the hot frying pan.
- Cook for about 2 minutes on each side to seal the juice.
- Arrange on baking tray and baked for about 15-20 minutes until it is cooked.
- Serve with roasted vegetable.