Will you ever get tired of eating the same fruits, over and over again??
well....I do! (with certain fruits)
I used to love pink ladies apples, but now I'll just walked pass the stall without even picking one! Same goes with durian (yes the king of all fruits!!!), I grew up eating and loving durians but now I can do without.
but mangoes.... I can never get enough of mangoes!!! love them.
This is a must try dessert, its simple yet rich in flavours... and of course anything with mango is always delicious.
The recipe adapted from Delicious magazine. In the original recipe, egg was used, however, I was concern with raw eggs and salmonella, hence eggs were omitted. I did a simple mix of mascarpone and double cream with sugar.
For my Malaysian readers, if Saviordi fingers are not available, not to worry, I have made Mango-misu with kuih bahulu before, and tasted as good as Saviordi fingers :D
3 medium size ripe mango (thinly sliced)
250g mascarpone cheese
300ml thickened cream
50g caster sugar
250g saviordi fingers *
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
1 cup mango nectar (or orange juice)
- Mix thickened cream, vanilla essence and mascarpone in a bowl.
- Whisk till thick and well combined.
- Dip saviordi fingers in mango nectar (break the fingers to fit container of your choice).
- Arrange in container (I use glass for individuals servings).
- Spread mascarpone mixture on top of soaked fingers.
- Top with sliced mango.
- Repeat the process to have 2 layers of fingers, mascarpone and mango.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Serve cold.
* for my Malaysian readers ~ you can substitute Saviordi fingers with kuih bahulu