Friday, March 27, 2015
Fresh to the land of OZ, I was smitten with this Middle Eastern salad. The crunchy, nutty texture of Bulghur wheat, the fresh crisp diced cucumber, tomatoes and the fresh herbs :D
Spoonful of yums and a mouthful of freshness...
I got one problem...
I am pretty sure whoever behind the counter could hear me say "Tak Boleh" which is a malay word for cannot, or unable.
So lets leave it as that.... You can't teach old dog new trick!
No matter how I try... it always came out "Tak Boleh!!!" ;P
2 lebanese cucumber
1 cup parsley
1/2 cup coriander
1 tablespoon mint
1 cup bulger wheat
juice of 1 lemon
1/4 olive oil
- Soak burger wheat with cold water for 2 hours.
- Strain and squeeze out as much water as possible.
- Dice the lebanese cucumber (discard the centre with seeds).
- Diced tomatoes (discard the seeds). chopped parsley, coriander and mint.
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl.
- Add olive oil and lemon juice mix
- Add salt to taste.
- Serve with Falafel.