4 pieces of white fish fillets- cut into 2cm cubes3cm of ginger - juliennespring onion - thinly sliced2 -3 tablespoon fish sauce350ml of long grain rice - washed1-1.5 litre of water1 bowl of frozen peas - thawedsalt
- Saute julienne ginger in 2 tablespoon of oil until golden and crispy. Dish out and put aside
- Fill up medium size stockpot with water and bring to boil. Add in rice grain. Bring to boil again and lower the heat into a simmer... for 1 hour or until the rice grain becomes mushy.
- Add water at this stage if necessary. Add in the ginger oil, fish sauce, and season to taste.
- Lastly add fish, peas and spring onion.
- Garnish with some of the crispy ginger.
- Serve immediately.
Note : remember to add fish the last 5 minutes or so... if you are using rice cooker.