6 more sleeps to celebrate Chinese New Year!! The kids are excited and looking forward to Chinese New Year (CNY).... I think... they are really looking forward to 'what's in the red packet'... 'Red' packet from daddy is worth a lot more than from mom's!!...hehehe ....
Peanut cookies is one of the 'must have' cookies ... My late mother-in-law used to make these cookies every CNY.... now Mr H and Miss E took over ... and made these cookies yesterday for the forthcoming celebration....
- 300g roasted peanuts - finely grounded
- 200g castor sugar - more if you have 'sweet tooth'
- 250g plain flour
- 100g arrowroot flour
- 200 ml canola oil (may require less than this.... )
- eggwash (egg yolk - lightly beaten)
- cut up peanuts for decoration