I would like to give everyone a BIG BEAR HUGS and THANK YOUs for your tremendous valuable support...
My humble blog has made it to the top 100... woohoo... I am at no 68
In Malay ~ Terimakasih daun Keladi... kalau boleh... nominate and undi la lagi
This came as a surprise... I first knew that I was in the top 100, when I noticed links originated from Babble ~ viewing my page... Curiosity always gets the best of me... I followed the
I jumped in delight... I just stopped shot of screaming my lungs out..
I would have had angry neighbours knocking at my door, if I did just that, at 6 o'clock in the morning...
Cooking, photography and blogging has become part of me. I hope to continue this 'Passion' for many years to come...
I treasure your friendship ... your words of encouragement gives me strength ... and your supports towards my blog: "From My Lemony Kitchen" and I ... are most valuable...
Wishing my Muslim readers…
May Allah bestow his blessings upon us all
Recipe (serve 6)
1.5 kg chicken drumsticks
6 cardamom pods
1 tablespoon coriander seeds
1 tablespoon cumin
2cm cinnamon sticks
1/4 teaspoon peppercorns
100g cashew nuts
1 brown onion - chopped
4 cloves of garlic - chopped
5 cm of fresh ginger - grated
1 teaspoon tumeric
125ml chicken stock
400ml plain yoghurt
1/2 teaspoon saffron - soaked in 1 tablespoon of hot water
2 tablespoon of vegetable oil
- Dry roast coriander, cumin, cardamom pods, cloves separately until aromatic.
- Crushed the cardamom pods and remove the seeds.
- Grinds the roasted spices with cardamom seeds into a fine powder.
- In a small bowl, mix saffron with 1 tablespoon of hot water. Set aside.
- Blitz the almonds and cashew in a food processor into a semi fine powder.
- Heat up vegetable oil in a saute pan and saute the onion until golden brown.
- Add garlic, ginger, chicken and tumeric.
- Rapidly stir for 5 minutes to coat and seal the chicken.
- Add the ground spices, chicken stock and simmer for 40 minutes.
- Stir ground nuts into yoghurt. Add yoghurt mixture and saffron into the pan.
- Stir and bring to boil.
- Then simmer uncovered for another 10 minutes.
- Season with salt to taste.