One of my many favourite noodles... with lemongrass, fresh coriander and sweet chilli sauce... its a quick fix for Thai cuisine... yum..and easy to cook, especially on hectic days... :)
- a packet of Hokkien noodle
- 700g steak beef - thinly sliced
- 3 stalks lemongrass - chopped (or 3 tablespoon frozen chopped lemongrass)
- 1 cup of sweet chilli sauce
- 3 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1/2 cup of fresh coriander - chopped
- salt and sweet soy sauce (kicap manis)
- 1 garlic - chopped
- 1 bunch of bak choy -
- 1 carrot - thinly sliced
- 1/2 chopped roasted peanuts
- lime for garnishing
Heat up the oil in the wok and pour about 3 tablespoon of oil. Add the marinated beef, and give a quick stir to seal the juice. Transfer to another plate. Heat up another 1 tablepsoon of oil and saute the garlic until fragrant.
Add the bak choy stems and carrots. Give it a stir until the stem slightly wilted. Then add the leafy parts and noodle. Return the beef to the hot wok. Stir for a while or until all is cooked... Mix in roasted peanuts last and leave some for garnishing....