Nineteen… he is Nineteen!!!
" I hope the days come easy and the moments pass slow
And each road leads you where you want to go
And if you're faced with the choice and you have to choose
I hope you choose the one that means the most to you
And if one door opens to another door closed
I hope you keep on walkin' til you find the window
If it's cold outside, show the world the warmth of your smile
I hope you never look back
but you never forget
All the ones who love you
and the place you left
I hope you always forgive
and you never regret
And you help somebody every chance you get
You'd find God's grace in every mistake
And always give more than you take
But more than anything…
My wish for you
Is that this life becomes all that you want it to
Your dreams stay big, your worries stay small
You never need to carry more than you can hold
And while you're out there gettin' where you're gettin' to
I hope you know somebody loves you
And wants the same things too
And that is my Wish… "
My Wish ~ Lyrics and song by click Rascal Flatts to see the video
Black Forest Gateau(no alcohol/ Kirsch added)
175g salted butter
75g dark chocolate
300 g plain flour
150 dark brown sugar
225 g castor sugar
25 g cocoa powder
1teaspoon bicarbonate soda
2 x 28g eggs
1 tablespoon (20ml) lemon juice
95g hot water
a pinch of salt
680g jar of Morello sour pitted cherries
(drained into a bowl and reserved 1 cup of juice)
125g dark chocolate
200 ml cream
300 ml thickened cream or double cream
3tablespoon caster sugar
- Pre heat oven to 180C.
- Line 3 x 20 cm round cake pan with baking paper (if you don’t have 3 cake pans…its ok, its not the end of the world…)
- Mix 180ml milk with 1 tablespoon of lemon juice to make buttermilk. Set aside for 5 minutes.
- Place butter and 75g dark chocolate in a saucepan on medium heat and gently heat until butter and chocolate melted.
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Whisk eggs and buttermilk together in a jar.
- Add egg-buttermilk mixture and butter-chocolate mixture and hot water into the dry ingredients.
- Whisk until the batter is smooth, not lumpy.
- Divide approximately 450g of batter into a cake pan.
- Repeat if you have only 1 cake pan.
- Bake for 30-35 mins until skewer comes out clean.
- Prick few times with skewer and drizzle about 1 tablespoon of Morello cherry juice and leave the cake to cool.
- Repeat with remaining 2 cakes.
Making cherry syrup.
- Add 1 cup of the reserved Morello cherry juice with 3 tablespooon of sugar into a medium size saucepan.
- Bring into boil then simmer until the sauce thicken into thick syrup.
- Set aside to cool.
- Bring 200 ml cream to a near boiling point, then pour into 125 g dark chocolate (place the chocolate in a stainless steel bowl).
- Whisk until chocolate melted.
Cream and putting them together...
- Whipped cream with sugar until sugar dissolved and softly whipped.
- Once the cake is cool, spread the cream over the cake
- Drizzle the cherry syrup
- Arranged half of the cherries and drizzle a bit more syrup.
- Repeat for the second layer.
- Finally top with the 3rd cake.
- Spread the chocolate ganache, and let it drizzle by the side.
- Pile fresh cherries if available.