"the next time we are in KL, we'll go and have beef ribs"...
Promised made to the kids, after umpteen time, telling them how good and tasty the beef ribs were at TGIF.
Honestly, I have no recollection of having any ribs at TGIF, I may have tasted some ... unfortunately all memories of such occasion may have been "archived" and possible corrupted in my memory bank somewhere...
I am struggling to remember things that happened last year...let alone things that took place almost 20 plus years ago
January this year, we went to TGIF and ordered ribs...oops I re-phrased, he had his ribs, kids had steaks and I salad.
... it was ok
... might have been an excellent meal if none of us suffered from 'food coma'...
... and when my local butcher stock up some ribs in his fridge section, first thought is....to re-create TGIF beef ribs
Took home 2 kilos...
It was an instant hit, a success... ribs were succulent, juicy and tender with meat nearly fell off the bones
... everything gone in a flash
Note to self: I may have to get 3 kilos ....hehehe..this is what we call GREED
Beef Spare Ribs
2 kg beef ribs
1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
3 tablespoons dark brown sugar
1 tablespoon liquid smoke
1 1/2 tablespoon soy sauce
1 tablespoon worchestershire sauce
1/2 tablespoon garlic paste
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
1 teaspoon mustard
1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 onion finely chopped
1 teaspoon garlic paste (1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh garlic)
3 tablespoon brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup BBQ sauce
1/3 cup sweet chilli sauce
1/3 cup tomato sauce
1/3 worcestershire sauce
1/2 teaspoon liquid smoke
- Marinate beef ribs with all ingredients under 'Marinate'.
- Place in a zip lock bag and refrigerate overnight.
- Take out the ribs from refrigerator at least 3 hours prior to cooking or bring it back to room temperature).
- Pre heat oven to 150C.
- Mix the ingredients under 'basting Sauce' in a bowl.
- Stir and mix well.
- Arrange the ribs on the roasting rack, baste with sauce.
- Cook for 1.5 -2 hours until meat nearly fall off the bones.
- Keep basting every 10 minutes each side.
- Reserve liquid from roasting and add to the remaining basting sauce.
- Transfer into a small saucepan, stir on low heat, until sauce thicken.
- Brush the thickened sauce on to ribs.
- Serve immediately with rolls and steam vegetables.