It's my turn to Showcase my kitchen in 'Ribbon and Circus' monthly 'La Kitchen'...
Thank you, Faizah
Its been a great pleasure to participate ...
Something about me…
Hiya… I am Lisa, the Food-blogger ~ “From My Lemony Kitchen…” I was born and bred in the Land of Paddy Fields (Kedah, Malaysia) and happy settling down in .................
continue reading... here ...
Butter Chicken/ Murg Makhani
For Printable Recipe ..click here
1 kg chicken thigh – cut into 3cm bite size
Juice of I lemon
1 teaspoon of chilli powder
2 teaspoon paprika
3 cm cinnamon stick
3 cardamom pods
2 bay leaves
1 teaspoon cumin
2 teaspoon coriander seeds
½ teaspoon turmeric powder
½ cup almond meal
250 ml plain yoghurt
3 tablespoon canola oil2 brown onion – thinly sliced3 cloves of garlic - pound2cm ginger - pound
500g fresh tomatoes - blend
½ litre chicken stock
90-100g melted butter
Salt to taste
Coriander leaves to garnish
- Roast or pan fry cloves, peppercorns, cinnamon stick, cardamom pods, bay leaves, cumin and coriander seeds till slightly darken and aromatic.
- Once cooled, using the coffee grinder and grind to fine powder.
- Pan fry the almond meal till aromatic (alternative: roast almond about a handful of almond (10-15 almonds) and grind)
- Mix all the ingredients: chicken pieces, lemon juice, chilli powder, paprika, the grinded spices, yoghurt, almond meal. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Heat oil in deep pot, on medium heat.
- Fry the chopped onion until it turn pale brown in colour.
- Add in pounded garlic and ginger. Fry for another minute or two.
- Add chicken pieces and cook until it turns slightly opaque.
- Add in fresh tomatoes, chicken stock and the remaining yoghurt mix.
- Bring to a quick boil, stir and reduce heat to a simmer.
- Uncover and cook till the gravy is reduced to half and slightly thicken.
- Add salt to taste
- Dish out onto heatproof glassware, pour the melted butter and placed under the broiler for 2 minutes to brown the top.
- Garnish with chopped coriander
- Serve immediately with savoury rice or Naan.