June 2012 by far ... is my busiest and luckiest month...
My sister and her hubby were here for a visit. They were excited and anxious too as this was their first time ever travelling overseas. I knew that feeling too well...yes... that took me back to the time when it was my first time stepping into the plane... butterflies in my stomach were making somersault.
Excited ~ I was the first in my family to be given the opportunity to see and experience the "Western World..."
Anxiety ~ I was raised in a non- English speaking community...I had no confidence in conversing 100 percent English... without my Manglish of 'lah-s, ma-s and alamak-s'...
It was a relief to see them emerging from the "otherside" through the sliding door... a little bit dazed, tired and sleepy but NO drama with either Immigrations or Customs. So their holiday began... and so was I, busy, trying to win the 'Hostess with the Mostess of the Year' award
Lady Luck is with me this month...grinning from ear to ear...
Luck 1~ my Red Bean Ice-Cream photo came 3rd place in the 'Overall Winner' category in DMBLGIT May 2012
Luck 2~ In my "nearly half a century" life... I was lucky once and won a colour TV set in a Lucky Dip, and that 'luck', was 'borrowed' from my unborn son... yes, I was heavily pregnant with my 1st born. Nothing before and nothing after that...despite countless giveaways I participated... until June 2012.
I just couldn't believe my eyes when I saw my name printed in Denise's Singapore Shiok.... I just won her funky red Mom's Not Cooking cookbook!!!
Anyone knows whether millions of AUD to be won, in Lotterywest this month?... perhaps Lady Luck may want to grant me my millions $$$.... yeah... yeah.. greedy and pushing my luck to the max..hehehe
Chicken Teriyaki Sushi Balls Recipe (serve 4)
1-1 1/2 cup sushi rice
2 pieces boneless chicken thighs
1cup store bought Teriyaki marinade
2 Nori sheets
2 cup Panko breadcrumbs
1 egg lightly beaten
Oil for deep frying
- Marinade chicken thigh with store bought Teriyaki marinade. Leave it overnight.
- Prepare and cook sushi rice and season with sushi seasonings. Leave aside to cool.
- Spray frying pan with some canola oil and pan fry teriyaki chicken pieces until its cooked. Cut into small pieces.
- Cut Nori sheets into 50mm x 50mm squares.
- Place about 1 tablespoon of teriyaki chicken onto Nori squares, moist the edges and fold.
- Cover the Nori balls with sushi rice and roll into a tight ball.
- Heat up oil in a deep pan or wok to 180C.
- Roll sushi balls into the lightly beaten egg then into Panko Breadcrumbs.
- Gently drop the sushi balls into hot oil and fry for about 20 seconds or until its golden in colour.