How was your Chinese New Year Celebration? 'Chow-ing down' loads and loads of festive food? And for the Young and Restless and Single ~ received many red packets (known as Ang Pows)?
Ours was a quiet family affair... with lots of food that can last us the 'whole year' so to speak. We had Steamboat, Crispy fried Wonton, Sang Choy Bow and Lor Ark or Chinese Braised Duck... Oh Boy!! we were like whales about to give birth by the end of the day...
Sleep or Siesta was never far from my mind... It was very ... very ... very difficult keeping my eyes open... I would have to use tooth pick to hold the eyelids from 'Shutting'...
Dont be alarmed... I wasn't going to do that
...and if I did I would have missed this gorgeous sunset...
The last sunset, marking the end of the Year of the Rabbit... see the glowing Rabbit's tail bobbing down the horizon?
With the Rabbit gone... I wanted to complete the picture by welcoming the Dragon ... early ...the next day.
Woke up early and captured I did... I was thrilled...
What I saw was mesmerising.. the horizon was glowing by the minute... the sky, clouds and everything else were like a priceless Painting... A Masterpiece in the sky...
a Painting of Baby Dragon breathing its first 'Fire Ball'... My photo didn't do any justice to what I witnessed...
Lemon Curd and Strawberry Swirls Cheesecake(adapted from Good Taste June 2009)
200g pkt Arnott's Lattice Biscuits500g cream cheese, softened395g sweet condensed milk3 teaspoon gelatine2 tablespoon boiling water250 ml or 1 cup of lemon curd3 tablespoon of strawberry jam
- Line base of 20cm x 20cm dish with baking paper allowing the sides to overhang. Line the base with biscuits and cutting to fit if necessary.
- Use electric mixer and beat the softened cream cheese until smooth. Add condensed milk and beat until combined.
- Place the gelatine with the boiling water in a small bowl, and stir until dissolves.
- Add to the cream cheese mixture and beat until combined.
- Pour half of the cream cheese mixture over the biscuits.
- Spoon half of the lemon curd.
- Use a skewer to make swirls.
- Repeat with the remaining mixture (Reserve about 2 tablespoon of lemon curd, add one drop of yellow colouring, mix well) and dollop with strawbery jam and the 'coloured' lemon curd..
- Again use a clean skewer to make swirls.
- Refrigerate overnight.
Note : I substituted 500g creamcheese with Philly 80% fat free spreadable cream cheese