It feels great... to know that someone out there... enjoy reading my post... to know that my 'virtual kitchen' has inspired someone to try out some of the recipes posted...
With all the comments I received... taking in every word... never fail to put a smile on my face... The feeling is indescribable... ....
I love... cooking and trying out recipes, taking photos... although, most of my recipes aren't from famous chefs or best-seller cookbooks... plus I have yet to learn the rope of food-photography ... nevertheless ~I enjoy what I am doing...
Why am I being so emotional on this cold...gloomy Tuesday morning?.. well the reason is this....
I, "From My Lemony Kitchen" is on the list ~ Food Mom Blog 2011. organised by Babble.com. (Click the logo as above on the sidebar to take you directly to the voting page)
(I am currently on page 3 no 123)
I still have a long way to go... to be in the top 100 ... with every little nudge ie your vote, will get me there eventually...
Please vote for "From My Lemony Kitchen" ... I will update the sidebar to indicate 'how well' I am faring in the list....
and I 'thank you' for your vote, love and support... ....
50g butter1 tablespoon lemon juice2 egg yolk - lightly beaten1/4 cup cream1/2 teaspoon mustard1/4 teaspoon salt
- Clean and cut-away the harden end of the spears.
- Microwave on HIGH for 2-3 minutes.
- Check... and if the asparagus is not quite done, microwave again on HIGH for another 2 minutes.
- Using a double boiler method, melt butter.
- Add lemon juice, yolk and cream.
- Stir until the mixture thicken.
- Remove from heat, stir in salt and mustard.
- Keep on whisking until the mixture is smooth.
- Cover with cling film.
- Leave it to cool.
- Fill about 3 inches high of water in a saucepan. Bring to boil.
- Add in vinegar.
- Crack the egg in a bowl. Gently pour the egg into the rapid boiling water.
- Leave it for 2-3 minutes for a soft yolk.
- Dish the egg out with slotted spoon onto kitchen towel.
Drizzle hollandaise sauce over asparagus and poached egg. Season with salt and pepper.