While Mr H was cooking... his version of 'Pan Mee' for lunch... (next post... maybe... when he has decipher his recipe code for me to read and type!!), Miss E busied herself preparing to bake Chocolate Brownies... for tea-time... with lesser sugar and instead of using white chocolate chips ... she scattered lots of chocolate milk chunks...
Last but not least... I am submitting this post to Aspiring Bakers #7 – Chocolate Delight (May 2011) hosted by DG of Tested and Tasted
Recipe (from the Nestle Baking Cocoa)
150g butter1 cup baking cocoa4 eggs - lightly beaten1 1/2 cup raw sugar1 teaspoon vanilla extract3/4 cup flour1 teaspoon baking powder1 bar of cooking milk chocolate - break into chunksOptional ~ some cooking white chocolate - melted
- Pre heat the oven to 160C. Line baking tray 20cm x20cm with greasedproof paper.
- Melt butter in microwave for 30 seconds or more. Stir in baking cocoa. Leave it to cool slightly.
- Mix in eggs, sugar and vanilla. Add in sifted flour and baking powder into the mixture. Mix well.
- Pour half of the mixture onto the prepared tray.
- Scatter the chunky milk chocolate.
- Pour in the remaining batter.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until skewer comes out clean.
- Leave it the pan for 20 minutes before cutting the brownies into square.
- Drizzle the melted white chocolate over.