Friday ~ always looking forward to Fridays. I guess I am not the only one who look forward to the start of weekend. Right? Weekdays ~ I am up to my eyeball , running around kids' schedules :- school work, homework, music lessons... and the worst would be EXAM week.. I think my stress level is higher than theirs.
My weekend starts around 5pm Friday evening. I can take a deep breath ... fill my lungs with O2 (oxygen)... and forget about the clock ... I can put my feet up and relax...
And Fridays are my marketing day too, the day that I would clear out last week stock and replenish with fresh supplies.
Whatever leftover stuff that I have in either my freezer or crisper compartment in my fridge, I would chopped them up and make into this easy pie. Nothing goes to waste....
Line pie dish with store-bought shortcrust pastry, blind bake... then fill with thinly sliced sausages and sauteed vegetables
I am submitting this quickie pie to Aspiring Bakers #6 ~ Say cheese (April 2011) hosted by Jean of Need More Noms...
1/2 cup milk
5 cooked sausages - thinly sliced
1/2 cup diced capsicum
1 onion - diced
1/2 cup diced zucchini
salt and pepper
1 tablespoon of plain flour
1/2 cup of tasty cheese
- Pre heat the oven to 180C.
- Line a loose base quiche or tart dish with shortcrust pastry. Blind bake for 10 minutes. Remove the baking beans and continue to bake another 10 minutes.
- Saute the onion until soft, then add in the capsicum. Stir for about 5 minutes or until capsicum is slightly cooked. Add sausages and stir well.
- In a jug, mix the eggs, milk and flour. Season to taste.
- Arrange the sausage mix onto the baked shortcrust pastry.
- Pour in the egg mixture and sprinkle some tasty cheese.
- Bake for another 25-35 minutes until the center is set.
- Serve with salad.