Celery~ sometimes used in salad, dip in peanut butter sinful... but nice , or crunch away as snacks.
Have tried stir-fry celery? Well... I have not...
Many times... I would flipped over the pages of my Japanese cookbook, looking for some mouth watering Japanese dishes to cook and of course to blog about ... and many times this Spicy Celery Stir-fry page would 'stare up' at me... and again... on numerous occassion... I would just turn the pages over ~ giving it a miss.
And over a period of time... the brain 'bookmarked' the page and starts to be inquisitive... sending signals to all my senses... finally, I cave-in to the page.... and decided to give it a go ... I have a bunch of celery in the crisper...that I have exhausted with ideas, what to do with it!!!...
To our surprise!! not the kids though, celery and them are not in sync ... the stir-fry is really ... really good... salty, sweet and spicy and still have that celery crunchiness...
Say no more ~ Spicy Celery Stir-fry will definitely have a spot on our dinner table ... either as a side dish or on our vegetarian day...
Note : if bird's eye chilli is too hot to handle... use dried chilli instead!!
4-5 celery sticks (reserve the leaves)1 bird's eye chilli - deseeded and finely sliced1 tablespoon oil4 teaspoon sugar2 tablespoon light soy sauce
- Cut celery into 2 inches long strips.
- Heat oil in the wok or frying pan.
- Add chilli, sugar and celery. Stirfry over moderate heat for 1 minute.
- Add soy sauce and continue to stir for another 1 minute.
- Add the celery leaves and continue to stir. To keep the celery crisp, continue to cook for another 3 minutes.
- Serve as side dish with steam rice.