We are still on a 'seafood' diet... and this is not going to be a lengthy post as I am having a bad cold.. :(
The silver fish mentioned and pictured above is not the same as the silverfish ~ the book bug!! I reckoned it is from anchovy family... nice to fry and compliment any Asian dish...like fried rice.
- 2 cups of long grain rice -cooked as per packet instruction and leave it to cool
- 3 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- white pepper
- 20 prawns - shelled and clean
- 1/2 cup of silver fish - or small baby anchovies
- 1 cup broccolli florets
- 1 carrots - julienne
- 1 brown onion - thinly sliced
- 2 garlic - chopped
Heat 2 tablespoon of canola oil in a wok. Swirl the oil around. Toss in prawns, give it a quick stir and dish out onto a plate as soon as the prawns turn pink. Do not wash the wok. Add in another 2 tablespoon of oil, and saute the garlic until slightly brown, toss in onions and carrots and broccolli. Keep stirring until the vegetables slightly wilted. Add in rice, followed by the sauces and salt to taste. Mix well and keep stirring until the rice heated through. Lastly add in sesame oil, cooked prawns and the crunchy silver fish. Serve with coriander and lime sauce.
Coriander and lime sauce
- 1 cup of fresh coriander - chopped
- fresh chilli - cut
- juice of 1 lime
- 2 tablespoon of light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon of water.