I can never get enough of mangoes...growing up in Alor Setar surrounded by various types of mangoes in our compound... my parents used to grow... pelam epal(apple mango), harum manis- had that gorgeous smell and many more that I can't remember the names...we used to have 12-15 mango trees.... Now they can only manage 3 mango trees.
- 4 chutney mangoes - peel the skin and julienne
- 1 red chilli - chopped or thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoon dried prawns-soaked and chopped
- 1/4 cup of roasted peanuts - roughly chopped
- 1 red onion - thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoon (or slightly more) nampla or fish sauce -
- 2 tablespoon raw sugar
- Fresh coriander leaves
the basic ingredients for mango kerabu...
Mix everything in .... and add more sugar or nampla if required to mask the sourness of the mango...
I did not add lime juice as my chutney mangoes are sour!!!