This is my mom's recipe... which is as usual agak-agak (approximation) ...She would cook this Dhalca in one big pot and we would savour the dhalca for few days.... the 'mushier' the Dhalca... the better it tastes!! It goes well with Roti Canai too...
- 700g gravy beef - diced
- 1 cup of yellow dhal - soaked overnight
- 4 tablespoon of meat curry powder
- 300g of french beans or long beans - cut into 2 cm long
- 2 carrots - cut into thick strips
- 4 potatoes - quartered
- 1 brown onion
- garlic and ginger - pounded
- 3 asam keping (tamarind slice)
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 400 ml coconut milk
Saute the onion, cinnamon stick, garlic and ginger until fragrant. Add the curry powder and then beef. Cook for awhile. Add about 1 cup of water followed by dhal, asam keping, potatoes and carrots. Transfer into a slow cooker and cook on low for 6 hours. Add coconut milk and french beans. Salt to taste.