Laksa (rice flour noodles in thick fish soup) will not taste the same without ginger flower or Bunga Kantan...I have been looking high and lo, either in the Wanneroo market or at the Asian grocer... but to no avail, until recently, Mrs Red Hat found the frozen ginger flower near her place in the city... bless her for the discovery.... hip-hip Hooray.....yay!!!!...
Fresh ginger flower could easily be found in the Eastern States especially Queensland, somehow the frozen ginger flower was imported from Penang.....hmmm food for thought..
- 1 kg fish fillets - Ling fish fillet is used in this recipe.
- 1 can of mackerel in tomato sauce
- 10 dried chilli - soaked and grounded... use more chilli for extra ummph!!
- 1 brown onion - blend together with the cooked fish ..separate the bone to flesh
- 5 asam keping
- 1 cup of daun kesom or vietnamese mint
- 2 stalk of lemongrass
- 1 ginger flower or bunga kantan
- Laksa Noodle - soak if using the dried noodles
- Garnishing ~ cucumber, chili, mint, prawn paste, sliced red onion, thinly sliced ginger flower
Serve with laksa noodle and garnish...