Eventhough we are into the second month of spring.... the weather can be quite chilly sometimes.... this Beef Stew or Bouef Bournignon (if I get the spelling right!) is an excellent meal to serve with crusty rolls...
- 1 onion - chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic - crushed
- 1 carrots
- 2 celery stalk - thickly sliced
- 750g of gravy beef - cut into 3cm cubes
- 200g button mushroom
- 8 baby potatoes
- 1 1/2 tablespoon of tomato paste
- 1 cup of red sparkling grape juice (or 1 cup of dry red wine)
- 1/4 cup of beef stock (used Massel - vegetarian)
Bake covered @180C for 2 hours. Uncover and bake for another 30 minutes until beef is tender and sauce has thickened. Serve with pasta or crusty bread.