If you ever visited Alor Setar... you must try this Nasi Mamak... the shop is located opposite the old market, near Kilang Ais... behind our ex-PM's childhood house...not the first shop near the traffic light junction!...
Whenever we were in Alor Setar, we would request this nasi mamak for breakfast ... especially Mr H and Mr H Jr! Both father and son can have this nasi mamak everyday!! Unbelievable...
This one pot beef briyani is not nearly as good.. but then beggars can't be choosers!!
- 500g beef - cut into thin strips
- 2 tablespoon coriander seeds - grounded
- 1 tablespoon of cumin seed - grounded
- 1 brown onion - thinly sliced
- 2 garlic and 1 inch ginger - pounded
- 1 carrots - diced
- 2 cups of basmati rice
- 2 1/2 cup water or chicken stock.
- Fresh coriander for garnishing
Garnish with fresh coriander..before serving