My kids were a little apprehensive when I placed this dish before them for dinner. They have not seen nor taste anything like this before... fortunately they are game to try...
I used Rosie Job fish cutlets for this....Its nice sweet, firm flesh fish...
- 2 cm ginger - julienne
- 600 gm potatoes - quartered or cut into bite size
- 60gm soo hoon or tang hun or mung bean noodles or glass noodle... they are all the same thing - soaked in cold water
- 10 shallots - deep fry till crispy
- 6 garlic - thinly sliced
- Spices: 1 teaspoon of coriander seeds, black pepper, cumin and fennel. 1 star anise, 3 cloves, 1 asam keping, cinnamon stick
- 2 spring onion stalks, and 1 stalk of celery. both thinly slice.